Holiday Gift Card Snow Globes
Everyone likes a gift card, but sometimes it’s hard to make it look like a thoughtful and clever present. A gift card in a snow globe is unique and fun, and we think it would look adorable on a teacher’s desk.
A jar with a lid (we used empty salsa and olive jars), a gift card, a small embellishment (we bought ours at a local craft store), a hot glue gun, glitter, some ribbon, and water.
- Wash the lid and jar. Remove any stickers.
- Spray paint the jar lid if you would like a different colored lid.
- Glue a thick line of hot glue onto the base of the gift card. Stick it to the inside of the lid.
- Glue the embellishments onto the inside of the lid, in front of the gift card. Let the glue set for an hour.
- Add some glitter to the jar and fill with water.
- Tightly screw the lid back onto the jar.
- Tie a ribbon around the base of the jar, if desired.
*We tested these gift cards after a week and they still worked. However, we don’t recommend leaving the gift cards in water longer than a week.
One Charming Party specializes in DIY children’s party plans. Our philosophy here is “spend less time planning and more time creating memories with your kids.” Founder Brittany Egbert gained an appreciation for a good party at a young age while helping with her mom’s catering business. She has many years of local party planning under her belt–mostly because she has a husband and four kids who all have birthdays every year! For more great ideas, or to view a free party plan, check out onecharmingparty.com.
All photos by Nicole Gerulat