Valentine’s Class Party Word Games
Valentine’s party time
Red, purple, pink
Candies, fun cards, and tasty sweet treats
For your child’s class
Make this special time
A fun-loving nod to St. Valentine
Valentine’s Day is a great holiday to have fun with words! Try some of these fun word games at your class party!
1. Valentine’s Poem: Encourage poetic pondering by reading a sonnet or simple Valentine’s limerick – hand out colorful cards (heart shaped!) for students to write their own poem for a friend, parent, or teacher.
2. Valentine’s Scrabble: Write VALENTINE’S DAY on the front chalk or whiteboard and have students write down all the possible words they can make from the letters.
3. Candy Hearts Writing: Don candy hearts to each student and have them fancy sentences by combining their words and phrases one at a time by placing a heart in line at the front of the room.
4. Valentine’s Scramble: Find fun printables of Valentine’s Day word jumbles over on Apples4TheTeacher.com!
5. Valentine’s Love Dangles: Get crafty with these fun Valentine’s Dangles from ZiggityZoom which let kids make and write something special to those they love!
6. Valentine’s Word Search: Turns your students into sleuths by letting them search for Valentine’s-themed words in a novelty word search from Kaboose.com!