In the words of Dr. Seuss, “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child.” March 1st, 2013 marks Read Across America Day, the penultimate celebration of the 16 year old program of the National Education Association. Read Across America motivates children and teens to read with creative resources, programs, events, and partnerships. Check out our top 8 actions for this special day!
- Join Read Across America on facebook!
- Check out fun Dr. Seuss themed classroom activities!
- Follow the #ReadAcrossAmerica hashtag on twitter!
- Read about other literacy programs and how your school can get involved!
- Organize a book fair at your school!
- Find lots of Seuss-themed reading resources from Edutopia.org!
- Interact with PBS Kids The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!™
- Follow NEA’s Read Across America boards on Pinterest!