5 Easy Ways to Spread the Word & Get More Parents to Their Conference
The parent becomes the pupil this Fall, and making sure they get their spotlight in the little chair is easier than ever. Busy work schedules & miscommunication are hurdles easily overcome with direct online outreach and signups.
1. Use online signup sheets! Let parents sign up at their own convenience from their computer or mobile device by providing an online signup calendar for them to fill a conference slot. Automated reminders ensure everyone shows up, and the ease and convenience will have parents singing your praises!
2. Share your online signup links where parents will see them. It’s super simple to grab a link to your online signup and post it in an email to parents, on the class blogs, on the teacher’s classroom twitter and facebook feeds.
3. Schedule 3 to 4 weeks out. Giving parents more than enough time to add the conference to their busy calendar instead of trying to squeeze it in last minute is guaranteed success to see
4. Provide alternate attendance methods. If making it to the classroom is not feasible for a class parent, find a way to video chat with them online – Skype, Google Hangout and Facetime are three useful and free tools to accomplish a parent teacher conference remotely.
5. Thank parents ahead of time. Send a quick thank you message (via email or from your online signup activity) to parents saying that you are looking forward to your upcoming conference and appreciate their time. This gentle reminder also preps parents for a positive experience.
Also check out: