5 Black History Month Resources for Kids
With February here, it is time to start thinking about interesting ways to help students learn about Black History Month. These 5 resources will make learning about Black History Month fun for teachers and students alike!
1. Time for Kids Black History Month Site – Let kids browse this extensive mini-site full of facts and activities that engage them in learning.
2. Quizzes and Crosswords – Playing games is a great way to teach children about an important subject. These quizzes and crosswords from FactMonster are fun and informative.
3. MLK Jr. Videos and Activities – You can’t delve into Black History Month without mentioning Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This site offers dozens of videos about Dr. King, his life, and his mission.
4. Smithsonian African American History Virtual Tour – Walk your kids through the past to present day with this awesome African American History virtual tour!
5. 162 achievements in Black History – Sports, movies, books and more! This site covers 162 great achievements in Black History.