5 Activities and Events to Honor Class Parents
Class parents are the glue that hold the classroom together. It is important to them show that their time and commitment is appreciated. All it takes is a little planning a couple sets of helping hands. VolunteerSpot’s free online sign ups with reminders make scheduling activities to appreciate class parents a breeze! Get started now!
1. Plan a potluck breakfast – Round up some volunteers and co-workers and invite all the class parents to a potluck breakfast. If each person brings one dish, there will be more than enough food for everyone!
2. Cards/flowers from students – Have each student in your class bring a single flower or hand written note to give to your class parent. This is a sweet, personal way to show your class parent how important they are. Click here for a thank you card template to hand out to your kids.
3. Buy/donate their favorite book – Find out your class parent’s favorite book and buy it for them or have a copy donated to the school library. Include in each book a bookplate with the name of the class parent who chose it.
4. Class thank you card – Make a large class parent thank-you card to display in the school. Place markers by the card so other faculty and students can sign it.
5. Certificates of appreciation – Personalize these certificates of appreciation and frame them to give to your class parent.
* * *
Don’t forget that one of the best gifts for volunteers is the gift of time! It shouldn’t be a hassle to get involved – simplify the signup and scheduling process with VolunteerSpot! Free, online, with mobile access and automated reminders, VolunteerSpot’s online class parent scheduling tools make organizing class parties, field day, class readers, teacher helpers and more a snap! Get started now